Work experience – Movement to Work – Manchester 27th November
British Gas/Scottish Gas are in partnership with several large employers to run a number of work experience programmes across the UK.
They are designed to deliver a wide range of positive outcomes helping young people gain new skills and experience, improve self-confidence and team working skills to help you get closer to the world of work.
The duration of the work experience is typically 2 weeks, but can vary. During this time, you will gain an awareness of our British Gas products and services and have an opportunity to spend some time with a customer services team plus shadow engineers installing and servicing heating products and energy systems.
What might it involve?
Some things you might experience are:
• Smart - British Gas Residential Energy has around 11 million household customers, and to help customers manage their energy we provide innovative ways to control and understand energy bills. One of these is Smart meters, a new type of meter, which helps customers control their energy instantly.
• Customer service - All our sites undertake numerous customer focused functions that support both our residential and business customers
• Homecare - Repairing and servicing boilers and electrical faults for over 4 million of our services customers.
• Home Installation - Installing new boilers and central heating systems for over 100, 000 customers each year.
• Academy visit - You may also get the opportunity to visit one of our Academies, where engineers undertake training as part of our Apprenticeship programmes
• Practical work skills such as CV writing, interview techniques and confidence building
No qualifications required. If you are not in education, employment or training right now and you are aged between 16 and 24, with no unspent criminal convictions and are willing to attend a taster day at British Gas, then you can take advantage of this great opportunity. The taster day is where you can meet some of our team, find out more about the programme and it also gives us an opportunity to find out a little bit more about you. We do ask you to pre-register to attend the taster day.
How to register
If you are interested in our work experience opportunities, you can register for a taster day by clicking on the link below