Do you want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so, Leonard Cheshire Disability offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
About the role
Hydon Hill is a residential service with nursing care for 40 physically disabled adults located in rural Surrey
Disability affects everyone differently. We need you to provide tailored day-to-day support to ensure the needs of the people who use our services are met in positive and creative ways. It’s a job that can be challenging at times, but this is balanced by the unrivalled sense of long-term satisfaction it also gives. It’s an opportunity to be creative and feel inspired, both by your colleagues and the people you support. It’s a career that you can feel proud of.
You will provide assistance with care, personal support, daily living tasks or activities to customers in order to support them attain their full potential, maximise options available and encourage choice, participation and motivation.
It is not a priority that you drive as we provide accommodation.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• To be compassionate, creative, and honest and love working with people.
• To bring great positive energy.
• To work well as part of a team.
• To be flexible as we work shifts and weekend working is often required.
• To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire Disability’s ethos and values.
You don’t need any specific qualifications or experience although experience of providing personal care is advantageous. You will however, need plenty of enthusiasm and passion for our work.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
• Fair and competitive pay rates.
• Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
• Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
• Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
• Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
• Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice).
• Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire Disability welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory DBS check is required for this post.
To apply, please click on the Apply button.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Closing Date: Friday 7th July 2017