Sheltered Housing Team Leader
Part-time – 20 hours per week
(full-time salary £30k + car allowance – pro-rata to part-time)
Covering Hampshire, Surrey and Southampton
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our Retirement Living Housing Service based across our schemes in the South.
You would be joining us at an exciting time – supporting the development and delivery of professional, innovative and flexible local housing to older adults living within our retirement living schemes and the wider community.
Working closely with members of the team, you will be responsible for daily management of our officers in Crowholt, Basingstoke, Andover and Aldershot, but will be expected to provide cover in the Southampton area and other sites as required.
Main responsibilities include:
• Delivering accommodation and community housing-related support services
• Helping our housing services team to provide improved health and well-being to residents
• Making sure Stonewater’s procedures and policies are being complied with, including Health & Safety procedures, and risk management
• Motivating and leading your team to provide high quality assistance to make our customers feel confident about sustaining their housing and living independently
• Getting involved in the community and local partner engagement
• Recruiting, inducting and managing your team
• Embedding a performance management culture.
• Building relationships and partnerships both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate should:
• Have experience of managing a small team and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Be a problem-solver
• Have a good knowledge of housing legislation
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills and the ability to use IT applications efficiently.
You’ll be expected to work flexibly including some evenings, Bank Holidays and weekends if required and attend training and meetings at other offices. A full driving licence is also required.
The role involves working with vulnerable adults and as such Stonewater will require appropriate enhanced background checks, via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Stonewater manages around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers, including affordable properties for general rent, and specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
Our bold house-building programme of 2,800 new homes by 2022 is driven by our vision of everyone having the opportunity to have a place they can call home.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
To apply please click the Apply Now button.
For more details and to download an application form, please visit
https://stonewater.org/careers or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8 January 2018
Stonewater supports equality of opportunity and continually works towards developing an increasingly diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.