Are you looking to work for a forward thinking social housing provider that is proactively driving through a programme of service development; offering an improved range of services to older customers and exceptional service delivery?
Service Delivery Officer - Sheltered Housing
Retirement Living Team
40 hours pw - £21,233 pa
Newbury / Wallingford
We are looking for someone who can provide a housing management service to our Retirement Living residents in our schemes at Newbury and Wallingford.
You would be joining us at an exciting time – supporting the development and delivery of professional, innovative and flexible local housing, health and improved wellbeing and support services to older adults living within our retirement living schemes and the wider community.
As a Service Delivery Officer, your main responsibilities will be:
• Deliver accommodation and community housing-related support services, helping customers to lead an independent life.
• Deliver support services that provide improved health and well-being.
• Make sure Stonewater’s procedures and policies are being complied with, including Health & Safety procedures and risk management.
• Deal with contractors and arrange repairs.
• Deal with day-to-day general tenancy and building management
• Provide high quality assistance to make our customers feel confident about sustaining their housing and living independently.
• Get involved in the community and local partner engagement.
You will need to be organised, confident and able to facilitate group work and to engage with our residents face-to-face. A strong knowledge of housing and tenancy management services would be beneficial, as well as being a strong administrator with good literacy and numerical skills and the ability to efficiently use IT applications.
The role involves working with vulnerable adults and as such Stonewater will require appropriate enhanced background checks, via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
You will be expected to work flexibly including some evenings, Bank Holidays and weekends if required and will attend training and meetings at other offices. A valid UK driving licence or equivalent is essential, as is the use of your own car, as you will be required to provide cover across retirement living schemes within the area as required.
For the right person, we can offer:
• 26 days’ annual leave (plus an entitlement for bank holidays)
• Comprehensive training and development opportunities
• Staff helpline offering independent, confidential information, counselling and support
• Holiday trading, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
Our vision is for everyone to have the opportunity to have a place they can call home. This is what drives us. If you want to make a real difference to people's lives and have a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
For more details please click Apply Now.
Closing date: 8 October 2017
Vacancy may close early if sufficient applications received
Stonewater is a Charitable Industrial and Provident Society No. 20558R. We are committed to equality for all and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.