Quay Foyer is a dynamic environment where young people between the ages of 16-25 can live in one of our furnished bedsits until they are ready to live independently. While here, they will get all the support and help they need to access skills, training and employment opportunities - and more importantly, the confidence to make a life for themselves. If you could share our enthusiasm and commitment to this scheme, we’d love you to join us.
£19,247 pa (40 hrs pw) - permanent
Stonewater are seeking a Maintenance Worker to join our team. We need someone who is a team player, who can establish a positive connection with our residents.
- Attending the day-to-day maintenance, ensuring a high standard of accommodation for our residents
- Completing maintenance requests, such as: plumbing, carpentry, painting and decoration
- Performing minor electrical repairs
- Ensuring vacated rooms are restored and serviced to a state suitable for re-letting
- Maintaining ground areas clear, by clearing litter, keeping the bin store clean and maintaining planted areas
- Overseeing the work of external maintenance contractors
- Assisting the administrative staff to maintain a record of tasks carried out, inventories and expenditure
The ideal candidate should:
- Have general building experience in a multi skilled environment
- Have an ability to understand and carry out electrical PAT testing, supported by a working knowledge of Health and Safety
The role involves working with vulnerable young people and adults and as such Stonewater will require appropriate background checks, ie via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For the right person, we can offer:
If you have the right skills and level of commitment to be successful in a role like this we can offer:
• 26 days’ pro-rata annual leave (plus an entitlement for bank holidays)
• Comprehensive training and development opportunities
• Staff helpline offering independent, confidential information, counselling and support
• Holiday trading, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
For more details and to download an application form, please click the Apply Now button.
Closing date: 30 June 2017
Interview date: 12 July 2017
Stonewater is a Charitable Industrial and Provident Society No. 20558R. We are committed to equality for all and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.