Home-based (ideally Wiltshire or will consider Dorset/East Devon/South Somerset) covering South West England
Salary: circa £32,000 pa
+ car allowance (£3,660 pa)
Stonewater is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Maintenance Surveyor to carry out pre and post inspections of planned, preventative and responsive maintenance repairs in a patch of about 2,000 of our homes in the South West.
- Assisting the Contract Manager and Building Surveyor with the overall delivery of planned and responsive maintenance services across the whole of the South West
- Assisting in the investigation, design and specification of works
- Providing technical and contractual support to non technical staff
With knowledge and experience of building defects and contract management, the successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of three years’ experience working within building maintenance. Experience working within the social housing sector is desirable but not essential.
You will possess a qualification in a construction related discipline equivalent to or higher than ONC in Building Studies and preferably have a qualification equivalent to HNC Building Studies/Construction. You will be IT literate, capable of taking on board new systems to manage service delivery and possess a good practical knowledge of health and safety legislation and asbestos regulations.
A skilled communicator both in writing and orally, you will need to be comfortable liaising with non-technical Stonewater staff, residents and committee members as well as negotiating with contractors and outside organisations. Also essential is the ability to manage competing pressures in a positive way, meet deadlines and prioritise your own workload with minimal supervision.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
If you have the right skills and level of commitment to be successful in a role like this we can offer:
• 26 days’ annual leave (plus an entitlement for bank holidays)
• Comprehensive training and development opportunities
• Staff helpline offering independent, confidential information, counselling and support
• Holiday trading, childcare vouchers
To apply, please click on the Apply Button
Closing date: 28 August 2017
Interview date: 5 September 2017
Stonewater is a Charitable Industrial and Provident Society No. 20558R. We are committed to equality for all and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.