Light Vehicle Maintenance Apprenticeships
Some 47,000 vehicles – including 6,000 HGVs & Trailers – make our fleet one of the largest in the UK. To keep it efficient and effective whilst also supporting our commercial external maintenance expansion plans, we rely on a crew of vehicle technicians to handle everything from changing wheels to implementing aerodynamic design and keeping up with rapidly changing vehicle technology including electric vehicles.
• Largest independently owned workshop network – 110 locations across the UK
• Award-winning – Recognised by the industry for our determination to improve efficiency and reduce carbon emissions
Over three years, our Apprentice Vehicle Technicians learn through on-the-job training and classroom learning. We take young adults with a flair for mechanics and engineering, and turn them into automotive experts.
• Three-year programme
• Apprentices in England will study for a new approved employer designed apprenticeship standard for Technicians who service and repair light vehicles which replaces the SASE Level 3 framework. Apprentices in Wales & Scotland will continue to study on a Level 3 framework.
• £11,818 - £18,692 starting salary (dependent on age and location), rising annually
• Training undertaken throughout the programme with an industry leading Apprentice training provider at their technical academy
• Includes driving lessons if required
• Three GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science, at grade C or higher required
Find out more about Royal Mail Apprenticeships now.