This is an exciting opportunity at a significant time for Anchor Hanover and especially for New Larchwood, our Extra Care estate in Brighton. We are currently working on broadening our appeal to older people from the City, no matter what their background. With this in mind, we are running a LGBT+ inclusion project and carrying out an extensive face lift to the building, with the aim of making it more welcoming to all. Will you help us deliver our vision?
What you’ll be doing
As an Estate Manager you’ll be customer focused, flexible, have a passion for older people’s rights, independence, as well as enthusiastic about improving the quality of their lives. You will also reflect our shared values in your day-to-day activities.
Who we need
We need people who share our values, those who are friendly, customer focused, calm and have good people skills with the ability to work with a wide range of people.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We believe they should be able to choose how they live in later life. This means listening carefully, so we can shape our homes and services around their changing needs and concerns.
• Support residents, helping them access health and social services, and encourage inclusion in social events
• Help new residents settle into their homes, feel safe, secure and have a positive experience
• Manage a small local on-site team, and work in partnership with many other agencies
• Manage contractors in an honest and proactive manner to ensure homes are well maintained, repairs are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner, and services provided to a high standard
• Possess sound computer skills
• Be able to solve problems, plan work and get result
• Be proactive, ensuring the smooth running of the estate
You will be working at New Larchwood, Waldron Avenue, Brighton, but will need to have access to your own transport for occasional travel between estates and other external meetings
Who we are
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we believe in values. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
• 25 days annual leave, excluding bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
• Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
• Family friendly policies, including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, and flexible working patterns
• O2 and other discounts for staff
• A commitment to growing you through training, professional qualification support and individual development plans
Anchor Hanover Group has been formed as part of a recent merger between Anchor Trust and Hanover Housing Association. As such Anchor Hanover Group is going through a period of organisational change and this position may be reviewed in 2019.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
To apply please click on the Apply Now button
Closing date: 22 April 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 07 May 2019 at New Larchwood