37 hours per week
£16.76 p/h in London and £12.35 p/h in Carlisle and Ceredigion
Carlisle, Ceredigion, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
We’re getting ready to count on you.

Have a positive impact on your local community, meet some brilliant people and learn new skills. As a census co-ordinator within the 2019 census rehearsal team, you’ll enjoy a unique experience – and be part of making history.

The census is a once-in-a-decade survey that gives us the most accurate estimate of all the people and households in England and Wales. It aims to count everyone and will help to decide how services are planned and funded in your community. There’s no other survey that gives as much detail about us and our society.

To prepare for the next census in 2021, we’re holding a census rehearsal in Autumn 2019. This is a great opportunity to help us with this exercise and comes with flexible working hours, a role in your local community and the chance to meet all kinds of people. Best of all, you’ll be supporting the field force to get responses from households that will help make key decisions about your area. So, you’ll be making a lasting impact whilst having a fascinating experience.

Your role
As a census co-ordinator, you’ll be in charge of up to 12 census officers. These are the people who visit residents to get them fill in the online census questionnaire. You’ll co-ordinate the operation in your area, coaching team members, providing support and acting as the first port of call if they have any questions. You’ll work 60% of your hours during evenings and weekends, with the other 40% being a mix of morning and afternoon time slots. You’ll also travel around your area, supporting your team and attending meetings while organising workloads and staffing levels.

Your profile
As an experienced manager or supervisor, you know how to get the best from teams. Highly organised, you can meet deadlines, monitor progress and allocate resources. You’re also IT literate, with home access to the internet. And crucially, you have the communication skills to deal with all kinds of people. A natural problem solver who grasps instructions quickly, you’ll be decisive and familiar with your local area.

This role also comes with some essential requirements. You should be:

• Be available from 11 September 2019 until 8 November 2019
• Prepared to undertake training if necessary
• Able to use a mobile phone
• Able to use your home as an office and receive supplies there
• Ready to travel long distances
• Able to work independently
• Able to work flexible hours (Monday to Saturday, between 9am and 8pm, and Sundays and Bank Holidays, between 10am and 4pm).

If you’re ready to make your impact count, click on the Apply Now button to view our range of opportunities.

Apply for this job

If you believe that you have the required skills for this job, then go ahead and click the apply button below.

Share this job

Jobs4 Network

© 2017 Jobs4 Network